From:
Debbie Resch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 21:56:38 -0400

Hearty Holiday Salad

4 cups mixed salad greens, torn into bite-sized pieces
1 can (16 oz) pears in natural juice - drain & slice - reserve the juice
3/4 pound cooked turkey or chicken cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
optional:  small can of mandarin oranges

Dressing:  This recipe will make enough to do the salad above plus
1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce (1 small 8 oz. can)
12 tablespoons salad oil (I used light olive oil)
8 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
8 tablespoons reserved pear juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

In a large bowl, combine grees, fruit & turkey; toss gently.
Combine dressing ingredients; mix until well-blended.  Drizzle dressing
evenly over salad before serving.  Store extra dressing in refrigerator in
a jar with tight-fitting lid.  Shake vigorously before serving.

Everyone in my family loved this recipe.  I made it with left-overs from
Thanksgiving and they all said that it was the best salad dressing they
ever tasted.  With the fruit and cranberries, it is a nice presentation for
a holiday or anytime salad.

Enjoy

Deb Resch
New Jersey  (we grow the cranberries here!!!)