From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:11:29 -0800

Watch out, folks.  I've been baking again.  I had been a bit frustrated with
my brownie recipe wondering if there wasn't something I could do to make it
a bit chewier & more substantial in texture.  Well, I think I've solved the
problem, maybe even perfected my brownie recipe by adding in a bit of Jello
Instant pudding mix.  Heaven help me now to resist making them more than
once a week!  ~Valerie in Tacoma

(1) Melt 1 stick butter, 2 squares unsweetened chocolate plus 1 tablespoon
coconut oil or other cooking oil in 8" square baking pan.  (I put them in
the oven for 4 or 5 five minutes while it preheats & I assemble other
ingredients.  Be careful not to over heat it & burn the chocolate.)

(2) Add to pan:
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup GF flour (l like half rice flour/half corn starch)
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
2 tablespoons Jello Instant pudding mix (I used vanilla flavor)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

(3) Stir till smooth.  Bake 27 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.  Cool before
frosting.

Frosting:  Gently soften 1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips plus 2
tablespoons butter in the top of a double boiler (or a metal or glass mixing
bowl set over boiling water).  When thouroughly melted, stir in a few
tablespoons of powdered confectioner's sugar until smooth.  Spread over
brownies & spriinkle with chopped nuts while still warm.  ~To die for.