From:
Patricia Vigneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 11:22:00 -0400

Hi All,

    After being diagnosed with Celiac Disease in July of 2000, I
recently (April 2001) found out  that I also have Diabetes. I've noticed
that some postings also include info from other diabetics, and I SO MUCH
appreciate the fact that they happened to mention they have diabetes in
their "celiac" related postings.  I happened to pick up on that fact and
I have emailed a few of those folks for information about diabetes.  I
was feeling VERY overwhelmed when I first learned that I would have to
follow ANOTHER diet (for diabetes) on TOP of the gluten-free diet for
celiac, as well as take blood counts a number of times a day,  and from
just plain feeling SO lousy from having such high blood sugar, but with
the help and encouragement of a few list members (thanks Janet and Ann!)
 I am feeling SO MUCH better about it now. The information and book
suggestions have been a great help to me. You guys are the greatest, and
again, I don't know what I would have done without this group to turn
to!

    I know that this list serve also has a celiac-diabetes list, to
which I also subscribe, but there are not many postings there.  I was
just wondering, how many other celiacs out there ALSO have diabetes?
Thanks again for all the wonderful information, and for being there to
always help out!

Pat V in NJ