Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:50:57 EDT

Hello everyone...

I remember reading a while back that one of the Celiac groups was planning to
be on Oprah, but that this was interrupted due to the Sept. 11 attacks.  I'm
curious to see if this is going to happen, and, if so, who you will recruit
to join you on the show.  As much as I fully support representation by Celiac
group officers, I would also like to see a cross-section of Celiacs.  Mainly,
I'd like to have some Celiacs in the medical, legal, and research professions
to discuss this condition with our particular expertise.  I also hope that we
could have one newly diagnosed and one "experienced" Celiac.  In other words,
representing the Celiac community is quite a responsibility, and I would hope
could be done as thoroughly and accurately as possible.  I realize that there
is a lot of dissension as to acceptable foods, associated symptoms, and other
problems.  However, I do feel that with appropriate planning, we could do
great things to educate the general population, as well as the undiagnosed
Celiacs out there.  Please keep me posted...

Many thanks--
Jessica
UW-Madison Microbiology
Research Asst.