From:
L and N Matsui <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L and N Matsui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:54:23 +0000

I bought their cookies on Friday and waited to call them this morning.
Gruenebaum's has a half dozen bakeries in New York and sends their Passover
baked goods across the United States, even in Palo Alto, California.  Their
factory or main office (212-567-4500) told me that they've had hundreds of
calls from Celiacs and said that they don't know why we are so concerned
about their product being GF and seemed at first uncompassionate and
impatient with my questions;  However, the representative rattled me so much
about why I have to ask such questions (only 2 questions) that I began to
cry over the phone and apologized for my loss in composure.  Immediately,
she told me that don't worry, the rabbis are very strict and have to have
separate facilities for the passover items and that I should go out and buy
a refrigerater from Costco and stock up because they wouldn't use any gluten
in the product.  I'm also lactose intolerant and their chocolate cakes,
macaroons, and other cookies are all dairy-free.  Suddenly, she was warm and
responsive and told me that if I wanted the baked goods year round, I should
get all the Celiacs to call up Mollie Stones Market whose carrying them in
Palo Alto now.  So, enjoy even if it's only once a year that we can find a
whole display of gluten free bakery items like non-Celiacs get to enjoy
every day of their life.  Laura