Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 11:59:04 -0500

Hi!

I received several responses to my posting about a preference for corn pasta
over gloppy rice pasta.  Here is info about the corn pastas I use.

Westbrae makes colored corn twists, elbow macaroni, spaghetti, and my latest
favorite-angel hair pasta.  I buy Westbrae products at my food co-op where
they also have corn spaghetti in bulk which is cheaper.  Westbrae and bulk
are also available at my local health food store.

My co-op also handles a brand called Mrs. Leeper's corn vegetable radiatore
which seems to hold it's shape and have a nice al dente feel.  It is colored
as the Westbrae twists are.  It says on the english/french label (probably
sold in Canada?) that it is made by Mrs. Leeper's, Inc., Poway, CA 92064 and
has been in business since 1927.

I find it is better to cook the corn a 8 minutes if it says 10.  It holds its
shape even better and has a better al dente feel to me.  After 2 years of
corn spaghetti, I'm really enjoying the angel hair pasta for a change.  Now
if they could only make a lasagna noodle, we'd have it all!  Hope this helps.

Vicki
Great Pacific NorthWET