Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 20:16:50 -0500

Reading an earlier post today about Mr. Ritts reminded me that I wanted to
share my wonderful Mr. Ritts experience with the list. My 13-year-old celiac
daughter had her Bat Mitzvah two weeks ago. And for those of you who aren't
familiar with the tradition, it includes sharing a ceremonial challah
(braided egg bread) with the congregation. Mr. Ritts has long made a great
GF challah, but has always baked it in a loaf pan, because the dough is too
soft to braid. When I spoke with Jonathan at Mr. Ritts about really wanting
a braid, he suggested that if we could find a braided mold for the bread,
they could use that. Well, after much searching I did find such a pan and
Mr. Ritts purchased it and produced a beautiful "braided" challah for us. In
fact, I believe that item has now been added to their product list!

Mr. Ritts also supplied wonderful a chocolate cake "blank" to a local cake
baker/decorator here in CT, who filled and decorated it for the party. It
was absolutely delicious!
I have no financial interest in the company, but I do have an interest in
finding great GF suppliers -- Mr. Ritts is clearly one of them.

Jaki S. in CT