From:
Pixilated <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 23:59:54 -0800

My Husband and I just stayed two days in Julian, CA in a place called the
"The Big Cat."  It is was wonderful!  We were able to prepare our own meals
using an old 1920's Wedgwood stove (works better than the newfangled one at
home).

Chuck and Nan, the owners, have gone through the old cabin and completely
refurbished it in the period (1920's).  There is a huge fireplace, deer each
morning outside your bedroom windows, with sunsets and a view of the ocean
outside of the bay window.  And, if your better half is not celiac, then
there are yummy croissants, fresh locally made quick breads, and such for
breakfast.  Also provided were eggs, juice, milk, fresh coffee beans (you
grind them in the coffee grinder provided) many yummy teas, and hot
chocolate to prepare.  They honestly think of everything including the best
selection of music which can be controlled by remote!  AMAZING!  Have a look
at their web site:  http://www.artistsloft.com/

If you bring your own goodies, you can fix them on the old stove, microwave
them or use the toaster oven (easily cleaned for GF safety) and there is a
nice sized fridge to store the perishables.

If you are looking for a secluded, romantic getaway, then we would very
enthusiastically recommend "The Big Cat."  We liked it so much we have
already reserved 4 days between next Christmas and New Years.

Standard disclaimer applies here, we have no interest or monitory gain, we
just truly enjoyed our stay.

Enjoy,
Lynda Swink

                           ..