From:
Audri Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 13:10:59 EST

Hi,

I made these cutout cookies for our GF Cookie Exchange and especially for my
daughter who loved them.

HOLIDAY PISTACHIO COOKIES
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup butter (softened)
4 egg yolks
1 TBSP vanilla
2/3 cup pistachio nuts (finely chopped)
1 1/2 cup potato starch
2/3 cup corn starch
2/3 cup tapioca flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

In a large bowl, blend sugar and shortening.  Add egg yolks and vanilla.  Mix
flours, nuts, baking powder and salt together and add to first mixture.  Work
dough into a ball with your hands.  Wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate 1
hour.

Roll out dough on GF floured surface to 1/8 inch thick.  Cut in desired shapes
and transfer to parchment lined cookie sheets.  Bake at 375 F. for 8 - 10 min.
Decorate with powdered sugar icing.  (Makes 4 -5 dozen 2 inch cookies).

POWDERED SUGAR ICING
Mix 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 TBSP.  milk or orange juice and 1 tsp.
vanilla.  Stir in additional milk or juice 1 tsp. at a time until icing
reached piping consistency.  (I added a little butter to this to make it a
little creamy.)  Tint with food coloring if desired.

Enjoy

Audri Humphrey
Columbus, OH.