From:
Michael Coe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 08:04:30 -0400

I recently wrote to Barbara's Bakery for information about their products.
 They wouldn't make any representations regarding whether any specific
product was GF, but they sent me ingredients lists for everything.  Two of
their breakfast cereals appear to contain no gluten-containing ingredients.
 They are listed below along with their ingredients.  (The ingredients list
is dated Feb. 2, 1997.)

Corn Flakes -- yellow corn meal, corn bran, pineapple concentrate, pear juice
concentrate, peach juice concentrate, and sea salt.

Frosted Corn Flakes -- yellow corn meal, unsulphured molasses and honey, corn
bran, and sea salt.  (I buy this at my local Fresh Fields Market.)

While they "clean all manufacturing equipment thoroughly after all production
runs," Barbara's Bakery cannot "guarantee that there is absolutely no chance
of cross-contamination."  But who can absolutely guarantee anything? :)

Mike Coe
Arlington, Virginia