From:
Kelly Rohlfs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 08:32:31 -0800

Good news!  Dannon sent me a letter stating that some of their Double
Delights are gluten free.  The letter is dated Oct. 20, 1998.

Contents of letter:

As a follow-up to your letter, Dannon yogurt itself does not contain gluten
and can be confidently consumed by persons with gluten intolerance.
However, the mix-ins or toppings included in some or with some of our
products may contain gluten, for example, our two Double Delights with
caramel topping, Caramel Praline and Caramel Apple Cinnamon contain oat
flour in the caramel topping portion only.  The chocolate topping in Double
Delights and fruit toppings in Double Delights and Light Duets are all
gluten-free.  We recommend that consumers consult the ingredient list on
the package if there is any concern about a specific product and contact us
at 800 number, 1-800-321-2174, if we can be of additional assistance.

Signed, Christopher Heller, Consumer Service Representative

These are great little desserts, very low in fat and high in calcium.  I
could eat them all day long.  They are packaged up nicely, for taking to a
birthday party for us to enjoy while everyone else has cake.  The best part
- you can buy them at regular supermarkets.

It's interesting, when I telephoned Dannon, I received the standard
statement about their toppings which was "cannot guarantee GF".  When I
wrote a letter, I received this more specific information.  Think I'll
write more letters from now on.

Kelly in Stanford, CA