From:
Harlene Caroline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 06:31:52 -0400

And my other 2 questions

Re: Gin
The concensus is that the potential issue with gin is the distillation
issue (same as vinegar).  Science tells us that the distillation process
would remove any gluten.  CSA does not accept this; CDF does.  Several
people referred me to Ann Whelan's newsletter on gluten free living and
her recent article on vinegar and the distillation process.

I just was not sure whether it was the distillation issue or something
else.

I will enjoy my occassional G & T.

Re: Cape Cod
Have not heard any specific ideas or restaurants. Certainly having fresh
seafood cooked simply is a good idea.  Any celiacs on Cape Cod with more
specifics, especially which hfs have a good gf selection.  I have
received emails from others with a desire to know.

Personally, I would especially like to know if I have to give up fried
clams (a once a year vacation treat) or is there any place that uses a
gf batter and dedicated fryer?  Making them myself is not as much fun as
eating them out.

Thanks to all
Harlene