From:
"Jennifer J. Hall" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer J. Hall
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2004 08:26:05 -0400

Hi,

I have been just diagnosed with Celiac disorder.  On one hand I am looking
forward to feeling better.  But on the other, I am depressed.  I don't like
to cook very much.  I am quite capable of it and used to cook many things
from scratch when my kids were growing up.  But I have learned to love the
freedom of having them grown and being able to run all day long.  So now I'm
trying to learn to adapt celiac to my lifestyle in the least intrusive way.

All that to say:

Has anyone compiled a list of commercial products that are ok to use.  I'd
like to know about many.  I've been calling manufactures.  I noticed that
Kraft's website states that their ingredient suppliers assure them that
their vinegars are not from wheat products and their modified or regular
food starches do not contain wheat.  Does this make them safe?  I also
noticed monosodium glutamate as an ingredient on some products.  Is this a
problem?  I buy many kraft products.  If I were to allow their modified or
regular food starch and their distilled vinegar this would expand my choice
of sauces considerably.  Also does anyone know of a celiac safe pre-prepared
pizza dough?

Thanks for listening.