From:
Bryan Donnelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 17:49:11 -0800

Hello all:
I live in Las Vegas and to my suprise since I moved here 4 years ago I have
been able to find most of my special foods- pasta- cookies-bread and flours
at a store called Wild Oats. This store is often out of my way for my usual
travel- but am always grateful that has been there. I realize that so many
of you do not have anywere to go and must rely on the mail order so this is
in no way ment to sound like a complaint. I shop for all general food and
produce at SMITHS ( I understand that they were just bought out by FRED
MEYER INC) and I began to notice over the last year that they carry my pasta
and rice flour and sweet rice flour and pickles.  I started to wonder if
they could carry all the weekly/ monthly items that  I have to buy at Wild
Oats. I went and talked to the lady that ordered the health food items and
to my suprise she said that she would be happy to help.  All she asked for
was a list of items that I would like to her carry along with the UCP# and
the size and she would order them for me. In fact she said that if I had
them to her by monday each week she could have them in by that wednsday.
She also said she wants to make her section larger and I said I would be
happy to help. I sent this message for two reasons: 1. for those of you who
want to vist Las Vegas to know that we have places only 10-15 mins off the
strip for you to purchase GF food. 2. to let you know that often your
general grocer is more friendly than we give them credit for.
Hope this helps. Tracy L. Donnelly