From:
"Stump, Marion" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stump, Marion
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 23:37:32 -0500

Many responses said Weight Watchers was great and very adaptable, both the
Points program and the Core program.  Also many responses said that South Beach
diet was also very adaptable.
Almost all of my adult life I weighed around 125...then was diagnosed with
Celiac. I guess I consoled myself with not being able to eat anything with wheat
in it to eating everything in sight that didn't--especially sugar. I was well
over 150 when my doctor decided I had diabetes. That scared me, and I cut out
most carbs...substituted Splenda for sugar. Switched to diet tea (Arizona Green
Tea), ate bagged broccoli slaw and yogurt for lunch, double veggies for dinner,
along with meat and salad. The next time I went to the doctor I weighed 125 and
blood glucose was in the normal range. I feel much better and have more energy.
I have been on the overeaters anonymous program and food plan and lost 23
pounds so far.  There is no flour on the program which means the grains we
can not eat as celiacs are prohibited.  I think this is an excellent food plan
for celiacs. I recommend the overeaters anonymous;there is great support and the
only program I have tried with success.
The Atkins diet is basically a gluten free diet in the beginning. I lost 55 lbs.
You choose the foods to add back later, so simply avoid the gluten grains and go
easy on the non glutenous grains. Those non glutenous grains will pack on the
pounds too.
I don't know if youo would call it a "plan" or not but it certaintly works
and is perfect for people with cd as well as all sorts of other things like
traking salt intake, protein, fat, etc.  It is called Diet Power and it is a
computer program you use and log all of the foods you eat.  I now it sounds
daunting but it really isn't.  Also, it is much more than that.  You can go
to the website and look at the program and also download a free 10 day
trial.  I could go on and on (because it is that good) but I figure you
don't want a twenty page email!  Anyway, it is perfect for cd because you
can add any food or recipe you want to.  All you have to do is input the
info from the Nutrition Statement from the package and it then stores the
info. You will see what I mean when oyu look at the website.  One last
thing, if you remember a couple of years back when the first "Body
Challenge" was on Discovery...the guy who won used this program.  That is
how I found it, I happened to read his computer screen during one of the
shows.  This program is great for weight loss, weight gain, and maintaining
that great weight!!!  www.dietpower.com <www.dietpower.com>