From:
Sheila Atkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:02:26 -0500

Good Afternoon.....

Sorry that it has taken so long for me to summarize.  I really appreciate all of
the responses I received.  Thanks for your support.

Listed below is a summary of the replies I received:

Causes:

Most believed that a common cause of restless legs was a low level of iron.
This is consistent with my mom's condition since she had not been absorbing her
nutrients.

Treatments:

Iron Supplements
Klonopin
Clonazepam (.5 mg) at bed time
Feosol (anemia treatment)
Seeing a Theruptic Touch Practitioner
Mirapex
Sinemet
500 - 1000 mg Calcium when they start hurting

Also several people mentioned that I should check out the web site www.rls.org.

Thanks
Sheila L. Atkinson