From:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 14:46:08 -0800

Two great resources for Celiacs:  Scott Adams' website www.celiac.com and Ann
Whelan's newsletter Gluten Free Living are again calling for unification of
the various celiac organizations in the US.  Celiac.com has a page wherein
Dr.  Alessio Fasano and Dr.  Karoly Horvath Co-Medical Directors at the
University of Maryland Center for Celiac Research offer their "impartial
auspices in putting together a Celiac Food Forum."  This would be "a
conference among the different Celiac organizations to reach an agreement on
what is safe and what is not for celiacs."  They suggest "this single issue
may be a good place to start."

They would like your thoughts through Bob Levy CFCR volunteer at
[log in to unmask]  or by phone 410-486-0292.

In Gluten Free Living Ann states that she has talked with the four leaders of
the support groups about unification and "they support the idea of a meeting
{to work toward unification} ALTHOUGH THERE IS STILL SOME ONGOING DISCUSSION
WITHIN CSA/USA."  (I added the caps for emphasis.)

It seems to me that CSA's leaders are putting their egos before the good of
the order (us)...  again.  Your comments to CSA encouraging uniting would be
helpful.  There is strength in numbers!

Diane Holmes