From:
James Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 08:52:07 -0500

I would like to thank all of you who wrote to me with product names. It
seems that it is a matter of opinion on whether or not gluten can be
absorbed through the skin. Some people believe that it is possible;
other strongly believe that it is not possible. My suggestion is that if
you are not having any problems with the products that you are currently
using, there is no need to switch. For those of you who do believe that
your products are causing your some trouble I have included a list of
products that the group feels are GF.

I would also like to state that I was told by a representative of the
Proctor and Gamble company in Toronto Ontario that Pantene Pro-V does
contain wheat. Not only was I told this but given a reimbursement check
for the product that I was using. Many of you have written saying that
Proctor and Gamble would not answer your questions without a note from
your doctor. I called  1-800-677-6276  three weeks ago and got a
representative who was very helpful and friendly. I received alot of
response that Pantene does not contain gluten so I called again and this
time was given opposite information by a representative. I have only
passed along what I have been told and do not wish to start alarm bells
ringing. I would like to point out that there is gluten hidden in many
products out there and that it is not always printed on the label as
many of us have found out in the past. If you have doubts about a
product, call the company and make sure.

Shampoo and Conditioners deemed GF by the group are:
-Vidal Sasoon shampoo
-Neutrogena products
-Tom's of Maine has been mentioned many times and I am told has a long
   list of products including shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, dental
   floss,mouth wash, deodorant ect. GF
-Hemp shampoo from Alterna
-Sunflower conditioner from the Back to Basics line
-Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo
-Yves Rocher products     1-800-361-2746      www.yvesrocherusa.com
-Suave
-Herbal Essences
-Willow Lake
-Aubry Products

Soaps deemed GF by the group are:
-Camay
-Ivory
-Pure & Natural
-Dove
-Suave liquid body wash

Lotions deemed to be GF by the group are:
-Eucerin
-Lubriderm Sensitive Skin Cream
-Curel
-Cetaphil