From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 09:50:26 -0500

A few days ago I posted the following:

>> ...For the 100th time, I wondered
>> why it is not the responsibility of the doctor or his/her nurse or someone
>> in his/her office to call the manufacturer and find out whether or not a
>> medication is safe for a patient...
>>
>> There is a wonderfully strong and scary term, IATROGENIC illness.  It means
>> an illness caused - CAUSED - by medical treatment.  It is a scandal that so
>> many people in the USA are victims of iatrogenic illness and even death
>> brought on by iatrogenic causes...

There have only been a few -  heart felt - responses, so here they are:

****
****

****

****

****
>Actually, I think that medical schools need to incorporate some kind of
>'anti-arrogance' training.  Some of the doctor horror stories we hear are
>a direct result of some doctors who refuse to believe that anyone else
>has any medical knowledge - only THEY know ANYTHING...
>
>Now I'll get off my box too..
>Grandpa Jim

If any of you want to contact these people, I will save their messages,
with their addresses, for a few more days, and you can contact me.  Gayle K