Date:
Sat, 15 May 2010 12:51:19 -0700

"Summary - Places listmates suggested I eat at while in Seattle - have
gluten-free items, helpful if I explain the diet:

Sand Point Grill (in the University District)
Sterling Cafe (in the University District) - uses fresh, organic
ingredients
Cafe Flora Wild Ginger (pricey, though) - I think this is Thai food
(participates in the Celiac Restaurant Awareness program)
World Wraps - fast-food, has a special-order bowl with rice, black beans
& avocado & some other items
Flying Apron - bakery in Seattle with GF items
Outback Steakhouse -

PF Changs
Red Robin for hamburger or cheeseburger without the bun, and the french
fries are GF,
The Moragote Thai restaurant in Renton, south of Seattle.

I had emails from 8 different listmates suggesting the Moragote Thai.
Except for the oyster sauce, deep-fried items, and packets of soy sauce
(for take out), 80% of the menu is GF including rice-only noodles, GFsoy
sauce, and GF fish sauce. They have black rice with coconut milk for
dessert, too."

"Subject: GF Restaurant Awareness Program(TM) has exciting news!
The Gluten-Free Restaurant Awareness Program(TM) and the Westchester
Celiac Sprue Support Group are very excited to welcome our very first
participating restaurant on the West Coast!

Cafe Flora
Owners: Scott Glasscock, Pat Close, & David Foecke
Manager: Jeff Watanabe
Chef: Janine Doran
2901 East Madison Street
Seattle, WA
Phone: 206-325-9100
FAX: 206-324-9772
web: www.cafeflora.com
Sponsoring Support Group: Gluten Intolerance Group (R)

Our thanks to the Gluten Intolerance Group(R) and Cynthia Kupper,
Executive director of GIG for her enthusiastic support of this program!
GIG and Café Flora are part of Phase 3, a pilot expansion of the
Gluten-Free Restaurant Awareness Program(TM) to a national level.

participating restaurants, our web site: www.glutenfreerestaurants.org
will soon have a new search system that will allow you to easily locate
participating GF knowledgeable restaurants. Currently the restaurants
are listed in the order in which they joined the program. So, for Cafe
Flora, other newly announced participating restaurants, be sure to
scroll all the way down."

"Subject: Celiac friendly Thai restaurant near Seattle (Renton area)

The Moragote Thai restaurant in Renton, Washington (about 15 miles south
of Seattle) offers traditional Thai cuisine featuring beef, chicken,
pork, tofu, and seafood entrees.

Approximately 80% of the menu is gluten free; they use rice-only
noodles, gluten free soy sauce, and gluten free fish sauce. Most of
their sauces are made in-house from gluten free ingredients, and
includes their curry, peanut, chili, plum, and sweet and sour sauces.

What is not safe for celiacs at this location: items that are deep fried
(mostly the appetizers), items made with oyster sauce (not made in-house
and contains wheat), and the packets of extra soy sauce that are
included with take-out orders (not the same soy sauce that they use in
the kitchen).

If you let them know that you have dietary restrictions, they will work
with you to ensure that your meal is safe.

How to find the restaurant:

Moragote Thai is located at
330 SW 43rd St in Renton, Washington,
near the intersection of SW 43rd and
Lind Avenue.

Business Hours:
Monday through Thursday from 11:00 am
to 9:00 pm, Friday and Saturday 11:00
am to 10:00 pm. The restaurant is closed on Sunday.

"GOT TO CHECK THIS OUT
SUNNY VALLEY WHEAT FREE
A wheat & gluten-free bakery and take-out deli
coming to Maple Valley, WA in
May of 2006
We are located at:
22035 SE Wax Rd #10
Maple Valley, WA 98038
Hours of operation:
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
6:30a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday
6:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Sunday & Monday
closed
Products:
We will offer hot breakfast and lunch, a large assortment of bakery
products (breads, rolls, snacks & sweets), convenience meals,
sandwiches, soups, salads and beverages.
Contact us:
For general inquiries, please leave a message at (425) 413-9493 or
e-mail us at: [log in to unmask]

*******
*******