From:
Silver DarkSky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:57:30 EDT

I am one month in as a person with CS.

My MIL, mother-in-law, thinks if I ate more meat it would all go away, as
vegetarians can't be healthy.

When my son, 7 years ago, was reacting to wheat, I would bring GF foods to my
MIL to keep frozen to give to him on visits.  At gatherings, when I would
leave the view, the in-laws, husband watching, would shove cake and other
goodies into his mouth!

When he became older, I simply had to give up on the whole thing.  I chose GF
because it was easier I thought to avoid it all in one swoop.

My daughter, who broke out as an infant, exposed to wheat, is 18 and not GF.
Again, no control.

I know these things about my children because I made their baby food, no
additives and such, one whole food at a time, so I KNEW when the wheat hit
and how they reacted.  Daughter was hyper active and moody with dark circles
under here eyes.  Son got actual blisters on his bottom and very moody with
wet poop.

Having different fathers and having researched CS, I demanded a biopsy while
the doctor was looking at a pain medicine induced ulcer and it came back with
some flattening of the villi, suggesting CS.  He would not say I had CS for
certain wanting tests my insurance wouldn't buy.  My regular doctor says the
biopsy is the gold standard and with my low blood count, low calcium and
phosphorus and two kid's symptoms, he says I am CS.

How do you cope with family and friends who will not take your needs
seriously?  I think I will bring my own food to gatherings and avoid them
when possible.

Is there a note or something written in very plain language that looks
official that I can use to inform them?

If I turned red and stopped breathing I think they'd understand, but this is
too much for them.

Thanks for any advice.

Blessed Be!
Rev. Silver DarkSky ULC