From:
Renee Cronenwalt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Renee Cronenwalt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 08:52:38 -0700

We at the Celiac Disease Foundation have worked very hard to raise the consciousness of the public and the medical community so that the diagnosis of Celiac disease is not a rare thing.  We were pleased with the LA Times article and worked hard to get it in the paper.  Unfortunately, it is not accessible on the net.  We have also contacted the paper and asked them to please put our address, phone number and website in their next edition as they overlooked it.  The office has been swamped with calls from people who have gone to the trouble to look us up.

Among the exciting work we are doing is medical education where we present very knowledgable physicians who do interesting presentations on Celiac Disease.  The attending physicians get CME credits.  So far this year and last year, we have presented programs at St. John's Hospital, Kaiser W.Lla, Kaiser Sunset and Kaiser Woodlnad Hills, Brotman Memorial, Northridge Hospital, Cedars Sinai, St. Joesph's, and Torrance Memorial.  We were overwhelmed when at our last presentation at Torrance Memorial, we had 120 docs and dieticians in attendance.  Next week we are scheduled to present at Encino/Tarzana Hospital and next month at UCLA/Santa Monica and Good Samaritan.

This is where some of your contribution money goes.  We would like to increase this program and expand into other areas but we need to have more volunteers and we need to raise more money.

I just wanted to advise our members and the subscribers to teh LISTSERV that Celiac Disease Foundation is busy representing your interests in a variety of ways.  If you live in the area and would like to help us in the office with mailings, fielding phone calls etc., please give us a call at 818 990 2354.  We can always use extra hands and we'd love to meet you.

Renee Cronenwalt
Vice President-Education Chair
Celic Disease Foundation

Sender: Celiac/Coeliac Wheat/Gluten-Free List

Poster: Steigelman
Subject: report in LA Times

<>

Hi Listies,

On Monday September 1, 2003 the L.A. Times ran an article entitled: "Getting
Better: It wasn't just stomach pain, but a disease" subtitled, "After years
of suffering and misdiagnosis, a woman discovers her diet was to blame" by
Martin Miller, Times staff writer. Page F-1; front page of the Health
section. I don't know how to access it via the web. If any of you do, then
please post the link so all can read it. Enjoy and hooray for this news
getting out the the general public!

Christine
southern California