From:
Kristina Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 22:03:34 -0600

I have been "lurking" for some time, and have not yet seen the
following addressed:

1.  Has anyone verified gf status on any of the cold fermented
ciders available?  In an effort to find a "beer substitute" for
social occasions, I have experimented with a number of brands:
Hornsby's light and dark, Woodpecker, Blackthorn, Ace Pear cider.
I have suffered no reactions to any of these, but I would
appreciate any feedback/information you may have.

2.  Prior to my gf days, when I was suffering from quite a bit of
fatigue, my mother purchased two similar products for me:
"Barleygreen" by AIM, a powder to be drunk after dissolving in
water--with listed ingredients of "juice of young barley plants,
maltodextrin, brown rice, kelp"; and "Green Magma," which is
basically the same thing minus the kelp.  These products indicate
they are made from the grasses, rather than the grains, of barley.
 Would this be off-limits to me?  Any info on these products?

I will summarize responses for the List.  Thanks in advance.

Kristina Weaver
Chicago, USA