From:
Diane Ebert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Ebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:16:35 -0500

I am new to CD by April 1st or so. I have DH though not tested
officially yet. I had severe iron deficiency anemia, and I am up to 12.7
or so now. Thank goodness for the GF Diet, I am feeling much better,,,,

The thought of traveling overwhelms/stresses me a ton,(My husband does
not have CD that we are aware of and vacation is coming in a
week!),,,though I am very thankful for the suggestion from Emily, I know
about taking treats,etc. However, I am going to be getting a "card" to
show at resturants, but I am thinking I may be too 'aggressive' vrs
assertive, in my talking to people at resturants. I would appreciate any
tips. I don't want to 'turn anyone off", yet, I want to make the point
about not tolerating any form of wheat/gluten, etc.

Also, I just read that the immune system could take a long time to
'calm' down. I am feeling so much better, but have had trouble with leg
aches in the thigh muscle from time to time,,,I have started physical
therapy, and as of a month yesterday much stronger,,however, the
endurance is awful. I am trying so hard not to get down and
frustrated!!! I tire easily. Can the 'excersize/s' 'losen'?, (if I can
use that word,) stored gluten/etc, which can cause the DH out breaks
though I am eating gluten free? Also, being a woman, 'that time of the
month', last month I experience a tiny 'twinge' of pain in my thighs,
thankfully, but my legs got weak, and the day after the last 'day' I was
'back to normal'.

Sorry to make this so long,,and I know there could be other things that
have happened over the past yrs or however long I have had this,,,,maybe
seizures, heart related things, etc. But I could not even think of a
stress test, I can barly do 4 min on a bicycle let alone or such on a
treadmill for a stress test.

Please forgive the length, but I will summarize as it might help others.

Thank you in advance,
Diane Iowa.