Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 22:53:27 -0500

hi I have been lurking on the list for a few weeks now and thought it
was time to introduce myself. My name is Laura McDonald I am 39 years
old and have been diagnosed for several years .After going to the same
GI dr and being told that I was just under stress and should take a
stress managment course ,my symptoms were just an attempt to get
attention ect ect ect. I was offered valium and given an  open ended
perscription for imodium and sent home feeling like a nut case for
years . after loosing 30 lbs this guy decided he better do an upper GI
scope. He schedualed it for the following week . At my insistance he
did a biopsy and a dyzylose (SP) tolerance test (I had a really
violent reaction to the dyzylose test)( he had told me it could not be
celiac sprue because I was not in pain, but I was sure it was )after a
few days the dr.s office called to tell me that the Biopsy was
positive I had celiac sprue , that the villi were nonexistant,
compleatly burned off and I did not need to come back to keep my
follow up appointment, basicly have a nice life. I wanted to confront
this man who caused me to live this life of  self doubt and
increadable inconveiniance(I knew where every bathroom on the east
coast was)
           I said "OH NO I"LL BE THERE" I went he never made eye
contact with me but I told him how angry I was that he dismissed me as
a loony for all those years and at least I didn't feel like I was nuts
anymore  .and I never went back. But i wonder if my record has
referance to my mental health because I went to see  my new dr.s(who
knows the whole story) associate and he treated me a little funny.
what do you think ?
          I must addmit that the knowlage here has me feeling a little
neglegent I have many ?? even after all these years so please bare
with me .Laura