From:
Saskia Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 14:53:23 -0400

Dear List,

In mid april I did a three day gluten challenge, which I gave up on
because it was too much for my body to handle, among other reasons.  The
recovery has been long and slow, from just these three days.....my
diarreah subsided somewhat after I went back to gluten free, but for the
last month, since mid march, I have had diarreah every day, and very bad
and uncomfortable bloating that challenges even the newest microfiber.
I just got test results back indicating I don't have a parasite
infection.  Has anyone had similar experiences after doing a gluten
challenge.  Does this seem very abnormal to have diarreah for such a
long time? I am going to do a food elimination diet, but my diet is
already so limited I can't imagine what else it could be--either a
system detox or something more serious beyond gluten intolerance (since
I backed out on my biopsy that's what I'm labelling myself as).  Thanks
for any help,

Saskia
Seattle