Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:54:13 -0400

Got a wonderful avalanche of replies confirming that spelt is a form of
wheat, but millet itself is gluten free. Thanks! I'll write this down
for a card to put into my purse so that in the grocery store, I won't
have to wonder which is which anymore.  ;-) In addition, see the more
extended reply from Joe below.

Joe added:

> Slightly longer answer--it's not surprising you'd get confused. There
> have been issues with commercial millet breads that were contaminated
> with wheat and/or spelt--but I think those incidents left a lot of
> people wondering if millet was gf or not. Millet is gf, but
> contaminated is contaminated.

Thanks,
Deb