From:
Linda Ostrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 12:09:18 EDT

Hi again -

I wasn't sure if I could put two questions in the same email!!!  I am not at
all sensitive to gluten. (Although I am now much more sensitive to
acknowledged no-no's like bread). I had none of the typical celiac symptoms -
none.  It was purely by chance that I was biopsy-diagnosed.

Therefore, if I ingest gluten accidentally, am I still damaging the villa -
especially if I don't have any reaction?  Now that school is out I would like
to enjoy cereal again (you can't eat cereal on the run) - rice crispies and
corn flakes.  I'm well aware that these products have malt in them.  I
suspect it would not upset my stomach but am I damaging it nonetheless?  Same
holds true with beer - I read somewhere that Corona is safe to drink and
someone said that he allows himself a couple of beers every now and then with
seemingly no ill-effects.  Are there?

I suspect I know the answers to these questions but hope springs eternal.  I
still haven't gotten past the deprived stage because I wasn't sick to begin
with!!!

I will summarize...

Regards,  Linda in Savannah