From:
Angie Lussier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 20:58:51 -0400

I don't know where to begin, and I apologize for the length - well - I went
GF for 6 days, during which my gi pain & diarhea was much better, almost
right away.  I decided to get the blood test in Maryland - thanks to all who
suggested that. Anyway, I began eating wheat again yesterday and I
immediately got itchy welts on my thighs, back of my upper right leg, and am
starting to get general itchies.  I had forgotten abut last year when I had a
couple of bad attacks (gut)& had the same kind of rash: intense itching, so
bad I had purple bruises to go with the red raised (almost hive looking)
areas some an inch long, with a smaller exposed spot in the middle.  They
later reduced inflammation to look more bumpy but still red - like they do
now.  Is it possible to have such a drastic and immediate reaction?  I
attributed last years rash to red bugs or chiggers which who knows? - May be
the case now (I am living in a more rural area).  Timing is WEIRD though.  I
also did some research on DH which I hadn't even considered when I joined
this list, but I saw where someone had a lesion that left a white spot and
didn't tan over for years - well I remembered as a child, having a white spot
that I thought was a birthmark that faded a little when tanned but returned
for many years until finally it went away (don't remember when).  I also used
to get a recurrent (seasonally/summer?) giant hive like thing on the inside
of my right forearm.  Could any of this be related?  It doesn't seem to match
the standard description, which I know can vary somewhat, but I just seemes
weird to me that when I start playing with the diet - all this happens.
Thoughts please?

Thanks,
Angie