From:
Chris Donahoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 1997 12:15:05 -0400

Thanks to all who passed along potential calcium supplements.  I had many
requests to share the info, so here it is:

--There is a store in NYC that also has a mail-order catalog. They will give
a 20% discount (from what are already reasonable prices) to everybody from
the Net. They do their own manufacturing on premises so there is no middleman.

All of their vitamins are animal stearate-free, gelatin-free, gluten-free,
starch-free, sugar-free, fructose-free, lactose-free, yeast-free, etc, etc.
They are also Kosher.

 Freeda Vitamins
 36 E. 41st St.
 New York, NY  10017

 212-685-4980
 800-777-3737 (out of state)
 212-685-7297 fax

--I use Citrical and Citrical-D. They're both okay. Also, there are no
problems with Fosamax in case you have to go to that.

--I take a calcium suppplement which is Nature's Life brand containing
Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc.  The label says it does not contain yeast, milk,
corn, wheat, gluten, soy, egg, rice, rye, sugar, starch, di-calcium
phosphate, wax, flavoring, preservative, coloring or animal by-products.  I
buy this at Whole Foods.

--i've read that evening primrose oil helps with the uptake & utilization of
calcium.  I use it in conjunction with Twinlabs' Triboron,, which is a
product I buy at my health food store.  Never felt better.

--Citracal which is calcium citrate.  I
take one tablet with the vitamin D added and 3 regular tablets (2 and 2)
per day.  I also periodically take fosomax as my stomach allows.

--I use Shaklee Calcium Complex with no problems.

--The vitamins/ and calcium supplements I'm using are all GF>  Freeda Vitamins
1-800-777-3737.  If you tell them you've got CD, they're supposed to give
you a 20% discount.

--Twin Lab's Calcium 500 with magnesium and vit. D is GF and lactose free.
Don't know about the soy.  You can call them at 1-800-645-5626.

--You might also want to check out a Solgar supplement - they are gf, and
many of their vitamin/mineral supplements are surprisingly free of dairy,
soy, fillers, etc.

--JAMEISON Mega-Cal, Calcium 650 mg.
No sugar, no starch,no salt, gf and lactose free. These are all natural.
I hope that they are available on the US side of the border, I live in
Sarnia-Ont.

--I would highly recommend Freeda Vitamins.  they are a great
company. I hve been using them for about 5 yrs.  Everything they make is
gf, lactose free, yeast free etc.  Call them at 800 777 3737. Tell them
you have CD and they give you a 20% disc.

Chris Donahoe
Gulfport, MS USA

As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.--Joshua 24:15

Gig Em