From:
Helen Hecker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Helen Hecker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:24:49 -0800

Recently I posted that I talked to someone at Que Pasa and they assured me all their products were gluten-free.  Then someone posted that they talked to someone there who said there was a cross contamination issue.  The day I called Que Pasa I had also sent them an e-mail. Today they responded to my e-mail---  the response is below.  No mention of cross contamination.  Can drive you nuts!

Hello Helen,
Thank you for your requested information. We make our tortillas from scratch in our facility using nothing but selected whole organic Kernel corn. We do not use any Wheat, Rye or Barley or any grain containing gluten in the manufacturing of our foods in our facility. So, I'd like to assure you that our tortilla (soft taco shell) and tortilla chips products are gluten free. If you have any more questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me at [log in to unmask]
Sincerely,
Siuwa Ero
SiuwaEro
Quality Assurance