From:
sandybill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 08:23:46 -0700

Medscape had two articles touting two new drugs that indicate they offer a
considerable relief for women with the constipation form of IBS. I wondered
if these might be of some help for women celiacs with the constipation
manifestation. I don't know why just women except that they only tested
women since that seems to be where 70 percent of the market is. -vance

NOVARTIS, BRISTOL-MYERS REPORT POSITIVE ADDITIONAL PHASE III DATA FOR IBS DRUG
Additional phase III study data for Novartis' irritable bowel syndrome
(IBS) drug candidate Zelnorm (tegaserod maleate) show that the product
leads to 'significant improvement' in patients with the constipation
form of IBS, Novartis and Bristol-Myers Squibb said jointly on Monday.
http://gastroenterology.medscape.com/38091.rhtml?srcmp=gas-052501

TEGASEROD MAY PROVIDE RAPID RELIEF IN FEMALE IBS PATIENTS
Treatment with tegaserod may provide rapid improvement of abdominal
pain, bloating, and constipation in women with irritable bowel syndrome,
according to recent findings.
http://gastroenterology.medscape.com/38297.rhtml?srcmp=gas-052501

Seems like when people see a litter box they ask: Oh, do you have a cat?
I'm tempted to put a litter box out just so I can reply: No. I have celiac
disease :)