From:
Christie Priem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 16:44:52 -0700

Dear List members,

I wrote about a month ago asking about tomatoes and how likely it is that I'm
intolerant or allergic to them, as well as being celiac (though
un-officially-diagnosed.)  I am sorry it's taken so long - I'm finishing up
work on my Master's degree and it's the end of the semester, so I've been
working my little gluten-free tush off.  I received a multitude of messages
from other people who also have the same problem.  Most of them responded that
tomatoes are in the nightshade family, so it makes sense they'd cause trouble
(since nightshade is toxic).  I got at least one response that after a year or
so, tomatoes in moderation were okay again, so that gave me some hope (I
lovedmy GF pasta and homemade sauce!)  I'm learning to eat with bland meat
(I'm also not eating dairy prodcuts - at least for now - so making sauces for
meat is somewhat difficult) and not minding so much not having my delicious
homemade ketchup.  But I miss it!

Hope you all are healthy and happy!

-Christie in Phoenix, AZ