Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:55:47 -0500

Last winter, I had secondary hyperparathyroidism (i think I got that right) - too much calcium in the blood (haven't followed through on the urine test - oops), but taking a liquid vit d supplement, as suggested by my naturopath, has brought blood levels back to normal, and my vit d is now in the normal range.
++++++++++++
I have copied this email twice today for people all asking similar questions, so I thought I'd send it to you, as well.  lol  Sorry it is so long, but I think you may need to know the entire story.  It may or may not apply to your situation.  The part about the adrenals is about 2/3rds of the way into the email, but it is all related.  For me, it went sort of like this:
celiac disease + gut dysbiosis led to excess toxin buildup + immune and hormonal excesses, which led to lymphatic congestion and stagnation + liver and kidney dysfunctions, which led to adrenal dysfunction (which was basically a nutrient deficiciency state), fatigue, orthostatic (neurally mediated) hypotension.....
If any of this rings a bell and you need more info, just ask.  Also, you mention calcium dumping in your urine.  I dump alot of things--salt, serotonin....  Don't know whether I dump calcium.  However, my nutritionist said that we all have to experiment with which type of calcium works for us, as not all calciums are equal and some people utilize some forms better than others.  He put me on Calcium AEP because we wanted to get around the candida issues.  But the type of calcium you use might cause you to dump or not dump.  Just a thought.
Here is part of the email I sent:
Last April I finally threw in the towel and decided I HAD to find some help.  I contacted the author of a book I had read that I thought was enlightened.  He was a nutritionist.  I asked if he knew anyone in my area who might be able to help me, but he said he could help me himself over the phone.  I will be honest, he has been very expensive.  However, he has also been extremely helpful.
Within minutes of our initial conversation, while I was giving him my medical history, he told me to stop, he knew what was wrong.  He explained to me that, given my history of illness from the time I was a baby, he felt that I had candida and other "opportunistic bacteria/fungi/viral invaders" that had gotten a strong foothold in my body.  He then asked whether I was breastfed.  (I was not).  He told me that some people, like me, either have problems from birth due to their mothers having deep-seated issues with these "opportunistic invaders" and passing it to the child thru the birth canal OR they have problems with these due to not having initial immune system instructions that comes from the mothers colostrum (first day or 2 of breastmilk).  In my case, I had both--mom had problems with these and I did not receive colostrum when I was born.
So, the first order of business was to go on a campaign to rid myself of these "opportunistic invaders".  This clicked with me at the time, too, as I was fighting with recovering from something I had caught the previous holiday and just didn't seem to be able to kill it off.  I am still killing off stuff!  I have been killing stuff for the past 10 months, save for a 6 week period between Thanksgiving and New Years that I went off of the strictist diet for awhile.  Even then I was killing things, but I later found out that I was storing those buggers back in my fat deposits.  lol  The nutritionist told me that, given that I had had this problem for over 50 years, it could take me two years or more to kill off everything and even then it is not likely I will get to the complete bottom of the problem.  He said I will likely have to go on a killing routine a couple times a year for the rest of my life to keep these invaders in check.  Which brings me to problem 2....
Lymphatic congestion....  life long lymphatic congestion from my body trying to rid/control opportunistic invaders and their wastes, celiac wastes, hormonal dysregulation and excesses that came from all this waste, immune system upregulation and the wastes from my immune system being constantly shooting off trying to kill off all this, plus deal with the celiac problem that it saw as another antigen and invader.....  All of these toxins were trying desperately to get out of my body.  They had nowhere to go, because the road out of town (out of my body) was constantly blocked!  I had liver and kidney dysfunction and lymphatic congestion to the max, so my body did the best it could under the situation and decided to make fat deposits for my toxic wastes.  That was why I could never lose weight--my body would not allow me to touch those hazardous toxic "dumps" it created.  It was not until I cleared the lymphatic congestion that I could get the fat to come off.  (I was extremely thin until my 30s, tho.)
The nutritionist helped me alot with nutrients which my lymphatics badly needed to operate better.  I also looked into other ways to help my lymphatic system by doing an online search.  I found that rebounding on a trampoline (mini) was the best thing for lymphatic health.  Also soaking every other day in mineral salts, not wearing deodorants or otherwise blocking exits for sweat and toxins, laying on the floor with my legs in the air against a wall, drinking cranberry juice and lots of water....  Many various things that cost little or no money.  I employed as many of these ideas as I possibly could knowing that they added up.
My nutritionist helped me understand why my adrenals were not working, too.  I was having such bad adrenal problems that my blood pressure was plummeting all the time and I was having a hard time not passing out with minor exertion.  THis was due to all the nutrients that the adrenals need to function being scuttled off to help my lymphatic system move toxins.  He helped me see that when I was in adrenal crisis, I could take pantethine and calcium (any type of calcium probably works, but I use calcium AEP which is a special calcium he sells.  He has me on it for a number of reasons, but candida, etc, likes calcium and this calcium is more deadly to candida, so it leaves it alone.)  When adrenal problems and bp crisis come on, I take one pill of each every 10 minutes until my bp goes back up and it works like a charm!  Usually I only have to take it twice before my bp responds.  To tell if you need this, monitor your bp when you are fatigued.  If your bp is lower than it should be or it usually is, then you probably need this.  (Mine would fall from 100/78, for instance, to 68/45 or sometimes lower than that--50s/high 30s.)
When I was not watching my carbs over the holidays, I had so much energy that I could not believe it!  I truly seem to be fully recovering and my adrenal problems are just about a thing of the past.  I rarely have the crises any more (last time was November).  The nutritionist did find another interesting thing.  It seems that for me, toxins attach to ANY saturated fats and Omega fatty acids (3, 6, and 9s) and get recycled within my body.  I have to be careful or I just recycle stuff around and do not get it out of my system.  He helped me with this by suggesting I take psyllium husks for fiber, but I have to be careful or this can cause bleeding and problems.  (Max's problem with fiber might ACTUALLY be that it causes him to move more toxins out.  If he is moving them, but they have nowhere to go because his system is clogged, then THAT makes you very ill--I know from experience.)  The fiber attracts these toxins and moves it out thru my bowels.  Whereas the saturated fats and fatty acids get the toxins moving but then seems to just recycle them back into my fat.  Saturated fats (dairy products in particular), however, have really helped to get the toxins out of my fat as well.  But if I do not use those carbs (if I eat too many), I end up putting this weight back on.  I ate a single serving bag of organic potato chips over the holidays and immediately the next day weighed 3 pounds heavier!!!  lol  This is how my nutritionist discovered I was doing this.
The nutritionist told me I will NEVER be able to eat sugars (none with any carb value plus no artificial sweeteners) again on an ongoing basis.  I sweeten only with stevia.  I can have no sugars at all now, but in the future when my dysbiosis problems are under control, I will be able to have small quantities of these only sparingly and on very special occasions.  I am presently not eating many fruits either.  I am allowed 6 or 8 berries everyday.  He said we will just have to see whether I will be able to have fruits when I recover fully.
I am on very high supplementation--you name it practically, I am on it.  lol  I just have mentioned the pantethine and calcium because I literally could not function without them (I take huge amounts of these everyday, above and beyond what I use when I am in adrenal crisis).  Also quercetin has helped alot.  I am taking garlic oil, oregano oil, colloidal silver, monolaurin (a broad spectrum germicidal), whey powder, probiotic, vit E trienols, squalene oil, molybdenum, chromium, selenium, CoQ10.... all of these have to do with either killing off the gut bugs or with strengthening the lymphatic and adrenal systems.  I do not always take all of these everyday, btw.  The first 5 things I mentioned do different things....  I use oregano oil for killing things in my mouth and gums, colloidal silver for ears and sinuses, squalene for my skin.....  Vit E trienols have a chemical messenger which keeps candida from communicating and forming multicell organisms.  (Candida isn't harmful to the body as a single cell organism, just when it joins up with other candida and creates multi cell communities.)
PS, I had fibromyalgia, too, and it is no longer an issue.  Infact, I find that it has to do, in my case, directly with lymphatic congestion.