From:
Brian Cawley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 13:05:27 -0700

I received sixteen responses to my plea for an open exchange of ideas about
the "'what ifs' of Celiac Disease and it's connection to other conditions"
and all were in agreement.  We have a common problem, and hope that we can
communicate on this List without the threat of intimidation from other List
Members.  As Carol said "It is the "what ifs" that sent us to the moon and
...  practically every other innovative thought that mankind has had!

While it would be nice to quote the experts whenever possible, it is also
important to be able to share our discoveries.  Many members on this list
live in isolation in terms of their geographical location and in the
realization that they are the only Celiac in their community.  So where else
can they turn in the year 2,000 if not the Internet.  And they find us!  They
ask their questions and receive a barrage of rude responses.  Many do not
share their stories, and many others are so new to the experience of Celiac
Disease that they feel their questions might seem trivial.

So as Thumper's mother might advise.  Let us be able to speak freely, and if
the Post offends you remember the DELETE button, and choose to say nothing at
all.  Isn't this the spirit of the First Amendment after all?  And to all
those who need help, and need to share, just keep those Posts coming.  As I
learned in Kindergarten there are no stupid questions just a few intolerant
teachers.

Valerie, California