From:
Gina Bauman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gina Bauman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:40:27 -0700

I haven't seen this addressed, but could have missed it.

Has anyone noticed the labeling on some of the Great Value brand (Walmart) items recently? (At least I just noticed it recently - it's on the lables that are all white with blue lettering versus the labels with the pictures of the food item on them.)  For instance on their canned vegetables and tomato sauce, it has "Naturally Gluten-Free Food", but then under the ingredients list, there in bold it says Allergy Warning: May Contain Traces of Wheat and Soy" (on the tomato sauce it says May Contain Traces of Wheat and Milk, so I think the warning changes depending on the product.)

So if on one-hand they specify on the label "Naturally Gluten Free Food", are they then saying that in their processing and canning, there might be some allergen, whether it be wheat, milk, soy, etc, added to the product?  Or is this another CYA labeling method?

Gina

New Mexico USA