From:
Theresa diPierno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 17:16:07 PST

Earlier this week, I contacted the customer service department at
Cascadian Farm to request a gluten-free product list.  This Washington
State-based company markets strictly organic foods including fruit
spreads and preserves, frozen vegetables and entrees, frozen desserts
(such as yogurt bars and sorbets), frozen juice concentrate, and pickled
jar products.  It did take several days for a representative to return
my call, but when she did, the conversation was quite helpful.

The representative told me that Cascadian Farm is currently unable to
provide a gluten-free product list, although I was told that one IS
currently being developed by their Research & Development team.
Cascadian Farm did send me a complete listing of the products they do
market and I was encouraged to read all labels carefully and to call
again if I had specific questions about any products in particular.  The
representative did tell me that the Cascadian Farm products she could be
SURE were gluten-free include all of the pickle products, fancy-fruit
spreads (also sulfite-free), frozen potato products, frozen fruit, and
the PLAIN frozen vegetables (which would not include the "Premium
Recipe" varieties).

CONTACT INFORMATION:
Cascadian Farms
719 Metcalf Street
Sedro-Wooley, WA  98284
PHONE:  360/855-0100   FAX:  360/855-0444    WEBSITE:
http://www.cfarm.com