From:
Bobbie Proctor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 12:13:14 -0400

Whether we're using so-called Western medicine or
so-called natural/alternative therapies, we should keep in
mind that it is up to each individual to investigate and weigh
all the dangers and the benefits of each therapy personally,
as well as possible, and not rely on any single doctor/therapist,
article, book, or any other single (and potentially biased)
source of information.

I'm surprised that any celiac, of all persons, would assume
that just because a therapy is "natural" or because it has been
used by countless people for thousands of years, that it would
necessarily be helpful or even safe!

Bread and wheat have been used by countless people for
thousands of years--certainly as long as any recorded plant
material used for therapies--and we know how good *that* is
for us! <grin>

Just a comment on the parasite issue, about which I pretend
to know absolutely nothing: the list of problems attributed to
parasites in the initial post reminded me a lot of the quackery
ads so popular at the turn of the century. "Whatever ails you!"
about sums them up. Too much of a bad thing, maybe? Not
to say what parasites really do, but I don't feel any wiser from
the post.

Good luck and good health!
Bobbi in Baltimore