Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 21:59:17 EST

Had an odd occurrance about a week ago.

I went to a no kill shelter with my aunt.  While we were there I was helping
to feed some four week old puppies whose parents had been shot by a neighbor.

Puppies aren't exactly easy to feed.  They were eating puree'd puppy chow
blended with milk by spoon.  Or as it turns out my hands.  It was easier for
the puppies.  I got puppy food all over my hands, arms etc...

I didn't get a chance to wash off the mess before I left, I merely wiped
off the mess with papertowel.

Here's the kicker.  When we left, I noticed my hands were red.  Didn't think
much of it.  By the time we got back (about 30 minutes) I had full blown DH
everywhere the puppy food had touched.  I don't ever remembering having DH
show up because I touched something before.  Admittedly pet food has stuff in
it that is off the diet, but since I don't eat the stuff I never really
thought about it.

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Do I have to be concerned when feeding my own pets?

Do any of the doctors who read this have any ideas how relieve the
pain/itching/spots that break open?  I can live with how it looks.  But
it's driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance.