From:
jerry wald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 1995 08:37:38 -0400

On Wed, 31 May 1995, Bryan Carpenter wrote:

> Speaking as someone in the United Kingdom, I suspect oats probably
> aren't gluten free.  This is what my gut seems to be telling me---I
> don't know what the official line is.

That was the point of my original posting in which we were discussing
grain vinegars (considered GF in Canada but not in the U.S.)  Oats are
considered GF by the Coeliac Ass'n. in the U.K. but not in Canada or the U.S.
It is of course up to the individual celiac, but my feeling is that it is
better to follow the most rigorous guidelines until conclusively proven
otherwise.  (I.M.H.O.)

Jerry in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada