From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2009 09:31:48 -0600

Spring is not far off in central Texas, and Chicken Paradise
(www.chickenparadise.com)  is an excellent place to visit Texas this time of
year.  The bird migrations are ongoing during February and March.  In the
last several years we have hosted birders from colder climates who enjoy
seeing the birds on our property, along with their outings to nearby state
and county parks to see some of the endangered species known to be found in
this area.  If you are a birder and gluten free, you get quite a bonus,
because that is the only way we cook here.

For those of you who like breakfast under the wisteria arbor, (seen on our
website in full bloom at
http://www.chickenparadise.com/photogallery-tour.html ), it appears that
they might bloom earlier than usual this year.  I am predicting early March
this year, based on the little buds already forming.  We presently have a
winter garden full of various greens, including cavalo nero, buttercrunch
lettuce, arugula, romaine, chinese cabbage, baby beets and the year round
herb garden.  If you want a salad with your breakfast, this is the freshest
you will get anywhere!  Or you are welcome to gather your own greens and
enjoy with your lunch or evening meal.

San Antonio is a great place for a winter vacation, and has many gf friendly
places to dine.  Consider us your personal celiac concierge while you are in
town.   Summer books up early, so make your plans soon.

Anne (celiac) and Joe (gf/cf)  Barfield
San Antonio, Texas
 <http://www.chickenparadise.com/> www.chickenparadise.com
210 340-0648