From:
"Robert F. Eyerman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 11:15:06 -0500

Dear Listmembers,  I finally got around to going through my suitcase, yes,
of recipes that  I haven't had the heart to look through since I went GF
last year.  I found quite a few flourless goodies that can be made GF.  I
will post a couple a day, so I don't overload your computers!  Beware, as I
have tried none of these, but they sound delicious!
Apricot Nut Balls
1, 8 ounce package dried apricots
2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
3/4 cup condensed milk
1 cup finely chopped nuts
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
Using a sharp knife, chop apricots, a few at a time, as finely as possible.
 Place in medium bowl and add coconut, condensed milk and nuts.  Roll into
1 inch balls and roll lightly in conf. sugar.  Chill a few hours to firm.
Store in loosely covered container for up to 4 days at room temp., or if
keeping longer, store in refrigerator.

White and Dark Chocolate Truffle Squares
1 2/3 cups (10 ounce package) white chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening
1/3 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Line 8 inch square pan with heavy foil. In small microproof bowl combine
vanilla chips and shortening.  Micro at high for 1 minute or just until
chips are melted and smooth when stirred.  Pour about half of van. mixture
into prepared pan.  In medium microproof bowl, combine cream and butter.
Micro on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute stirring every 30 seconds, just
until mixture begins to boil.  Immediately stir in choc. chips until
completely melted.  Continue stirring until mixture cools and thickens
slightly.  Stir in vanilla extract.  Pour into pan over top of vanilla
mixture.  Chill 10 minutes.  Micro remaining van. chip mixture on high for
20 seconds or just until mixture is fluid.  Pour and spread evenly over
chocolate layer.  Before mixture firms up, cut through all layers, scoring
into 1 inch squares.  Cover and chill until firm.  Cut with sharp knife
following score marks.  Serve chilled.   Karen from Central NY, USA