From:
Christine Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christine Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:35:45 -0600

Thank you all for your support and the great wealth of information!  I
received over 100 emails - 75 within the first day and a half!  A great
majority recommended Kinnikinnikut??? bread from Canada and Druden Bakery,
both available through mail order and at some Health food stores.  I have
also had people I recently discovered are Celiac (amazing how many you
already know once you get diagnosed!) swear by Druden Bakery, as well as
Kinnikinniut???.  Almost everyone stated that GF bread must almost always be
toasted, which also aides in keeping the bread in one piece before being
eaten.  Many highly recommended Bette Hagman's "Gluten Free Gourmet"
cookbooks, which I have since checked out from the library and will most
likely purchase when possible and seem to be quite wonderful.  I also
received multiple recipes for breads, each of which I plan on trying once I
find the time to bake some bread this week (single mom that works 8
overnights in a row - love my 6 days off!).  I have not as of yet gotten the
opportunity to try baking the breads, but plan to as soon as possible.  Most
is purchased it must be put into the freezer and toasted or microwaved by
the sliced when used.  If anyone would like a compilation of the recipes I
received, email me and I will send it out once I get the time to put it
together.  I think that pretty much sums it up - if there's anything else I
will put it into another summary.  Thank you all for your responses.  It's
made dealing with adapting to this diet far less overwhelming.  Amazing the
support you feel from those miles away!  Thank you all.
Christine Roe

Find a broadband plan that fits. Great local deals on high-speed Internet
access.
https://broadband.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/