From:
Carol Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 07:05:56 -0500

I am desperate, so I hope you can help.  My doctor thinks my son (age 2)
may have CD.  Blood work showed a high gliadin antibody count and he
wants me to see a Ped. GI doctor for a diagnosis.  MY PROBLEM:  I can't
get into the GI doctor until May 4 - and he wants me to leave my son on
a gluten diet.  My son has been so sick for a month (was virus, now
????), with daily diarrehea sometimes with vomiting, and incredible
bloating of the stomach.  He has been on a gluten free diet for 1 day -
and already seems better.  I cannot feed him things I think will make
him sick again for a month!  I was thinking of having my ped. order the
tests now, or having them done idependently.  I need to know if this is
possible, and what tests I should get done now.  Also, I only live 1.5
hours from Baltimore - is the Univ. of Md. and option?

I hope this is not too long.  As I said - I am desperate!

Thank you,

Carol