From:
"Beth M. Kubly" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 1997 10:20:48 -0400

Kurt Andre wrote:
> It's known that heat denatures proteins and at some point the proteins
> will break down to where they bear no resemblance to their original form.

My question is:  what are the implications of this statement in regard to
microwving food?? I had heard before that microwaving alters the proteins
in milk, but thought that was a contemporary myth somewhat along the lines
of the "alligators in the sewers of New York" stories that crop up from
time to time.

Are there any  experts or other knowledgeable list members out there who
could shed some light on this question?   TIA
Beth Kubly         [log in to unmask]