From:
Shashi K Pathak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 00:54:37 -0400

Thanks everyone for letting me know that spelt is most definitely
a no-no.  I must have seen it in the faq but forgotten.

Special thanks to Don Wiss, Michael Jones and Donald Kasarda for your
detailed, scientific responses.

Now Ihave another question:  My literature (provided to me without
citation by the campus dietition) says that quinoa and teff are
proscribed by celiacs.  But in Donald D. Kasarda's response to my
spelt inquiry, they are acceptable.  I also remember a list-member
recommending it recently.  Thile the list has already gained greater
credibility in my eyes than the medical practitioners I've seen so far
(including md's), I'd still like to get this cleared up....

Thanks again,

Shashi

p.s.  "recommending it..."  'it' meaning teff.