From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2010 23:55:13 -0500

Someone recommended Gluten-Free Near Me, and I downloaded the free version tonight.

I tried entering in two different areas of the country, and what I found was it listed a handful of chains, over and over again. Not really very comprehensive. I find it easier to just speak...Gluten-free dining or restaurants or something like that....into the voice command of Google, and I get more options. If you want the version without ads, you have to pay extra. I did not download other gf apps I found, because they were about ingredients...and got bad reviews.

But considering it's free, Gluten-free Near Me is o.k. Not great.

Someone else also directed me to some websites online
http://www.appbrain.com/search?q=gluten
http://www.appbrain.com/search?q=celiac

I guess you find the titles here and then search in the Droid Marketplace for them. Forgive me for not knowing how to get an app from the computer to a phone.
I'm one of the few people in the world who didn't download a ton of apps onto my Droid, which I've had since June, so I'm not really an expert on it..

The one thing the guy in the Verizon store said was always read the comments of other users and the agreement. Many of the apps won't let your phone sleep and track your every whereabout.

*******
*******