From:
"Laura B." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura B.
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:34:57 -0400

Hi All!

Starbucks called me back to say that they designed their Peanut Butter
Chocolate Chip Cookie to have no gluten ingredients (why - I don't know).

However, they cannot say that it is gluten free because it is manufactured in
a facility that processses wheat and other gluten ingredients and they are not
confident that there wouldn't be cross contact.

Further, the fact they are displaying the cookie in a gluten display case -
furthers the possibility of cross contact (obviously - this could be changed -
but the point is mute due to the possibility of cross contact from the
manufacturing facility).

So, I'm not sure who their market for this cookie is.

But, they are half way there to have a GF treat for people with Celiac.
Perhaps if there was enough pressure from the Celiac market - they would
take the steps necessary to eliminate the possibility of cross contact.

So, I encourage you all to call Starbucks and encourage them to eliminate the
possibility of cross contact for this treat.

Regards,
Laura