From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 17:07:52 -0500

I called Nature's Life in Garden Grove, CA, 800-854-6837, and spoke with
Julie.  She has been most accommodating, and this was one of the easiest
calls I've made to a manufacturer.  She faxed me a one-page list of their
"Gluten/Gliadin free products", dated 01/07/98.  I was thrilled to have it!

It states that Nature's Life does not use malt, modified food starch or soy
sauce solids.  The list shows a few exceptions where they used barley grass
and/or oat bran.  One where they use orange flavorings in a base of
naturally fermented corn alcohol.   I would prefer that you contact them
for this listing, as I don't want to be held responsible for any typo
errors (smiling).

And the ending statement of this list says "We hope this information will
be of value to those who suffer from celiac sprue".

I'm now trying Protien 95 Soy Protien powder with Papain and Natural
Vanilla Flavor.  I asked about the alcohol content of the vanilla flavor,
and they said there is no alcohol in this one.   This product, when mixed
with apple juice, has a very nice flavor.

Have any of you tried any of the other protien powders including the egg
protiens, soy protiens, etc?  I'd like to know about their gf status.

--Mildred Oberkotter