From:
Renee Cronenwalt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:30:27 EST

Last Sunday, March 10th, the Celiac Disease Foundation had a very successful
fundraising dinner.  All who attended had a great time and a fabulous dinner.

We are very pleased to announce that we now have our very first restaurant in
Southern California where you can order a gluten free Italian meal.  They
will have GF pasta, pizza, parmesan dishes and breaded fried foods, available
upon request.

Our dinner quests were overwhelmed by the fried calamari, pizza, pasta and
home made bread.  Franco, the headwaiter at Maurizio's is from Italy where
his best friend was a Celiac.  He knows all about contamination and he and
Maurizio have devised a pizza crust that tastes like those we can only
remember.

You can eat in (a very pretty environment) or take out.  Give them a try.
MAURIZIO'S Italian Kitchen and Bar, 135 N. Maryland Ave., Glendale, Calif.
91206.  (818) 247 5600

I can enthusiastically recommend the eggplant parmesan.  I was too busy to
eat it that night (and tooo full from the pizza).  I took it home and it was
great the following night.

We, at the Celiac Disease Foundation, are very happy to be able to share this
exciting information with the list.

Renee Cronenwalt (CDF Board Member)